Is this you?
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"
You may not recognise yourself in all these categories, but you may find yourself saying 'that's really me!' to one or two of them.
- The idea of a one-day retreat to give yourself time to think and relax and get some space sounds fantastic.
- Filling your life with work is suddenly not working for you. You're really good at what you do for a living, but now there's an emptiness that doesn't feel good. You could say you're 'filling your soul with stuff', but now all that clever and complicated stuff you've accumulated is losing its attraction. You're looking for something simpler, something more authentic. Less angst.
- You are open to leading a spiritual life and you would really like to meditate, but you're not interested in becoming a Buddhist or getting involved in a faith tradition, so you're wondering what else might be right for you. You feel that your spirituality is natural and you already feel yourself connected to something much larger than yourself and you would like to explore it freely.
- Once you would never have dreamed of doing 'self-improvement' classes, sneered at them in fact. But all of a sudden things are happening in your life that are wobbling you about and you realise you need to. You need to do something.
- You want to learn more about 'the spiritual journey' before you go plunging into anything. You've got a few questions to ask first because you're not sure where it's going to take you. But something inside knows you have to at least take a look.
- Science really interests you and you love the TV documentaries that delve into the wonders of the universe. But you feel that what science points to is something more, not something less.
- You see yourself as spiritual, but not necessarily religious, and you already have some sort of spiritual practice, whether it's daily meditation or just lighting a candle and soaking in a hot bath at the end of the day. Some people call you 'over-sensitive' and you admit to being thin-skinned, but it's important to you to be able to feel things.
- You already know you're on a spiritual journey and you've tried various avenues, done several courses, read a lot of books, and now you want to understand more deeply what it means for you, not least because you've become a bit isolated, a bit stuck, and it would be nice to share with other people on the same journey, but you still want to walk your own personal spiritual path.
Who goes to the class?